The Diagnostic and Assessment Service is a specialized process designed to determine the needs of individuals with special needs in the areas of educational, psychological, social and rehabilitation services. The assessment information is used to determine appropriate program placement where services can be provided to maximize the capabilities of individuals and to help them adapt with their society. This service is offered by a Central Assessment Unit at the Abu Dhabi Center for Care and Rehabilitation.
Diagnosing and Assessment Service is provided at:
• Abu Dhabi Center for Care and Rehabilitation
• Al Ain Center for Care and Rehabilitation.
Steps to complete the service:
• Parents should fill in the Application for Assessment uploaded on the website.
• The application will be reviewed by specialists in the Diagnostic and Assessment Unit
• Parents will be contacted to set up an appointment in the Assessment Unit
• Parents should bring the required official papers and documents with them to the appointment.
• The Assessment will be conducted by a multidisciplinary team in the Assessment Unit.
The Unit will issue report about the individual with recommendations regarding placement in an appropriate program.
Terms & conditions:
• The individual should be a UAE citizen.
• The family must bring all medical or other diagnostic reports documenting the individual’s disability to the initial assessment appointment. Disabilities include impairments of visual, auditory, cognitive or motor function, The reports shall not be older than one year.
• The individual may be referred from any Care and Rehabilitation Center affiliated with Zayed Higher Organization as per the place of residence
• The individual shall not be enrolled in any private or public schools. In some exceptional cases, assessment can be made by virtue of an official letter from Abu Dhabi Education Council accompanied by the relevant cognitive, medical and social reports of the student.
• The assessment process can take one day or more.
• Zayed Higher Organization grants the opportunity for a free assessment as a part of the Organization’s social contribution to the community.
Availability of the service:
• From Sunday until Thursday from 8:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M